Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Scrap car battery.

On 7 Apr 2021 16:08:41 GMT, Tim+ wrote:

snips

On 06/04/2021 14:44, williamwright wrote:
On 04/04/2021 12:52, T i m wrote:
Ally is similar
but because being light, you still need a fair load to get anywhere.

Aluminium is the same weight per kilo as copper or brass.

Bill

Being even more pedantic, Bill said “fair load”, not weight. To me “load”
encompasses volume and weight, not weight alone.

Being less pedantic and more accurate, *I* said you need 'a fair
load', not Bill.

Bill was the one trying to be clever. ;-)

Eg, one carrier bag of brass might get you a fiver whereas 4 full
rubbish sacks of crushed ally cans might get you £2.50 (and why we
stopped crushing and collecting them).

You need a 'whole load more' to get anywhere with ally (obviously a
right brainers term) and so better for the Council to collect and
recycle them because they *can* get a whole load more from everone in
the borough. ;-)

Cheers, T i m