Posted to uk.d-i-y
Nightjar Nightjar is offline

Default OT - Drivers

On 07/04/2021 14:31, GB wrote:
On 07/04/2021 14:09, JohnP wrote:
Why the F do some drivers leave such a big gap behind the vehicle in
front!
Watched a busy junction yesterday - An ambulance was trying to get
through
but the junction was blocked -Â* several cars further down there were
massive gaps that, if closed up would have left the junction clear.

Another near me often has cars backing up when the light change - yet in
the distance is someone leaving a 2 car gap in front. Probably the
mentality of "I won't get there any faster if I close up"

So, every time a gap appears, it's his duty to put it into gear, rev up,
and drive forward. Why, in general, is that a good idea?..

At a level crossing near me, large gaps in the queue result in the tail
of the queue backing up into a roundabout, eventually blocking traffic
from four other roads that lead into it. Better awareness by some
drivers of the effects their actions are having would help.

--
Colin Bignell