Posted to alt.home.repair
Scott Lurndal Scott Lurndal is offline

Default end of my gutter has popped off, how to repair?

Ed Pawlowski writes:
On 4/7/2021 10:45 AM, James Wobanwu wrote:
On 4/7/21 10:43 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 4/7/2021 10:13 AM, James Wobanwu wrote:
I noticed the end of my gutter in the yard after mowing the lawn
recently.Â* How do I reattach to the gutter?Â* Thanks in advance!

You can use a screw or silicone adhesive.Â* Not much pressure on it.

Is there a recommendation for the type of adhesive?Â* I was looking at
one of my other ends and it looks like it's held by both sheet metal
screws and adhesive.

If there is an existing hole, take it with you to the hardware store and
get the proper size screw. There are also many adhesives that will work
like the silicone used for bathtub caulk. I don't know a specific brand
but most any will work.

Make sure it doesn't degrade under UV light; find a good outdoor caulk
or roofing sealant.