Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default OT. Georgia Voting Law Changes

On 04/06/2021 07:23 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
This was in a big city and "tipping" was expected no matter how good the
work

When I went to the National Plastics Exposition at McCormick Place in
Chicago, my mentor explained to me how things worked. He had a pocketful
of $20 and $50's. If you wanted tables for your booth, you 'bought
coffee' for the table crew. Chairs? Another round of coffee for another
crew. Table coverings? More coffee. Booth Curtains? Electricians to hook
up your machinery? Lot of coffee.

Meanwhile the cops were outside. Some plastics equipment is pretty heavy
and unfortunately some of the trucks were a little overloaded or had
safety violations. Want your machinery out of impoundment before the
show was over?

The Exposition was moved to Florida a couple of years later. There may
be crooks in Florida but Chicago specializes in corruption.