Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default OT. Georgia Voting Law Changes

On Friday, April 2, 2021 at 7:58:10 AM UTC-4, Frank wrote:
On 4/1/2021 10:43 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
I've been seeing a lot lately about how terrible the changes to Georgia's voting laws are. It's sure easy to see how people with full schedules can be misled about such things. This is the counter position.
https://www.nationalreview.com/2021/04/georgia-should-stand-up-to-corporate-bullies/
There was some Georgia official on tv chewing out the President. He claimed the President's home state of Delaware has more restrictive voting laws than Georgia's new ones.

That is correct. I have mentioned several times that I have gone to
vote at the polls in Delaware and once a neighbor and once a coworker
working the polls said, "Hi, Frank. I need to see some ID."

In GA I understand it is OK to bring food or drink or have it given by
poll workers but Black Panthers or MAGA hat wearers cannot do it.

Wow, the new stupid bill actually says BP or MAGA hat wearers, eh?
Funny, I don't hear that being reported, only that it's illegal for anyone other
than poll workers to give out water or food. Must be a real serious problem,
for republicans to give themselves another big black eye over this. Of course
we know the real reason is that it's still the effects of Trump having turned the
party into a stupid cult that believes an election was stolen. Now they are going
to "fix" it, by making it illegal to give a bottle of water to people standing in line
for hours to vote. Did you ever even hear about this being some kind of problem?
So glad I left the GOP three years ago. I see another shining example of the new
Trump GOP, Matt Gaetz, one of Trump's BFFs is now going down in a huge sex
scandal. He thought it was a great idea to go make illegal driver;s licenses at 3AM
in the DMV office with another FL politician who the FBI has busted.