Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default Asbestos Cement Watertank

In article ,
GB wrote:
On 06/04/2021 10:23, Tricky Dicky wrote:
I disposed of an old asbestos garage roof myself, full PPE face,
masks, goggles and gloves. It is reasonably safe to handle

especially if wetted. It is the dust in the lungs that is the danger
Also whitre asbestos is not nearly the problem that blue asbestos is.

Bear in mind that Mesothelioma takes around 25 years to develop. That's
probably longer than the life expectancy of most people on this
newsgroup. This is a job best done by older folk.

In the late 1960s, I used asbestos cement sheeting as the internal covering
on my porch. I cut it to size - nobody knew about masks then. I'm - so
far, still here.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England