Posted to uk.d-i-y
David Wade[_2_] David Wade[_2_] is offline

Default homeworkshop.org.uk

On 06/04/2021 01:48, John Rumm wrote:
On 05/04/2021 21:19, Bob Minchin wrote:
John Rumm wrote:
On 05/04/2021 13:49, Bob Minchin wrote:
RobH wrote:
On 05/04/2021 13:21, Bob Minchin wrote:
Andy Burns wrote:
Bob Minchin wrote:

Does anyone know what has happend to this advert site?

still seems to exist with most recent adverts 2 days ago ...
Thats very strange I've been getting a mix of timeout and 403
errors for the last few weeks.
I've just tried a different browser with same result.
However forcing my phone to use 4G I can connect ok but not on
wifi so I can only conclude that there is some issue with my ISP
-virginmedia.

If anyone reading this who is on Virginmedia could try and report
back please?
TIA
Bob

I'm on a VM wired connection, and I can access the said site with
no problem. I'm using FF browser if that helps
Thanks Rob.

A response on the VM community confirms it is working too.
Maybe I've been blocked?

Do you have a dynamic or a static IP? Have you tried via VPN?

Technically it is dynamic but in practice rarely changes
it is from 80.7 series
no option to use a vpn

I was thinking only from the PoV of a test - if it fails though a VPN,
then its unlikely to be a block on your IP.

Try:-

https://hidester.com/proxy/

lets you view. If you can view on WiFi but not on mobile then usually

1. The site is flagged as age restricted by VM or other mobile provider,
perhaps because in this case it sells sharp objects, glue or other age
restricted products.

2. You have not enabled adult services on your phone. You need to ring
VM to do this. By agreement with the goverment adult services are
disabled by default on all new contracts

3. To check if www.whatpub.com also fails but works on WiFi then adult
filtering by VM is the problem.

Dave