Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT. Georgia Voting Law Changes

On Thu, 01 Apr 2021 23:39:54 -0400, micky
wrote:

In alt.home.repair, on Thu, 1 Apr 2021 19:43:24 -0700 (PDT), Dean
Hoffman wrote:

I've been seeing a lot lately about how terrible the changes to Georgia's voting laws are. It's sure easy to see how people with full schedules can be misled about such things. This is the counter position.
https://www.nationalreview.com/2021/04/georgia-should-stand-up-to-corporate-bullies/
There was some Georgia official on tv chewing out the President. He claimed the President's home state of Delaware has more restrictive voting laws than Georgia's new ones.

I plan to read your link, but in case I don't, the NPR story on this
said there was good and bad. I don't remember if they gave a ratio.

One thing bound to get much attention is the rule against giving food or
water to someone waiting in line to vote. That seems rather
indefensible, but maybe there is more to it?

I think that gets around bribing voters. It might be a $1 bottle of
water but they might also be giving out sandwiches and beer.
Why not throw in a pack of cigarettes, then you are Chicago.

I know as a state inspector I was not allowed to take a bottle of
water, cup of coffee or any food from someone who's job I was
inspecting.