Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Six for the price of two?

In alt.home.repair, on Mon, 5 Apr 2021 09:50:20 -0400, Wade Garrett
wrote:

On 4/4/21 1:28 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article ,
says...

What's he do next? He took it to Honda for an oil change and they sold him a
new FIT and gave him a whopping $1000 trade in for the CRV including the new
battery that was a day old. That car was
probably worth 4 times that. He could have paid $600 or so for a cat replacement
at an non-dealer repair shop and gotten another 100K miles out of it. And the
FIT is a small **** box compared to the CRV.

With 200,000 miles on a car maybe he just wanted a new one. I doubt I
would go with the FIT if I was doing long trips.
A few years back I traded in a Camry that was 10 years old and only had
about 40,000 miles on it. Just wanted a new one and at the time it was
0 % finance . So by leaving the money in the IRA and financing it for 7
years I made a few more thousand. This may be the last car I buy at my
age no more than I drive in a year.

They probably did not even allow him $ 1000 for the trade, just
reworked the numbers to make it look that way.

In the past, I twice replaced a perfectly good car for no real reason
other than I was tired of what I was driving.

My wife noted that I had done the same thing in high school- only with
girlfriends!

I think Amazon has an option, for medicine and cleaning products, and
they give you a discount when you sign up for periodic delivery of the
same product. I have to check if that includes girlfriends.