Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Quality of Vonhaus tools?

In article ,
John Rumm wrote:
With cordless tools, once you have bought into a pro battery platform,
the availability of "body only" tools massively closes the price gap on
many no name cordless tools that usually have to be bought with a
battery and charger for each and every tool.

For quite a while now, Lidl tools can be bought body only. And often with
a choice of battery sizes - and even charger (bought separately)

But of course in a short while they'll change the design.

Or someone will buy all the stock of batts to flog on ebay :-)

I have a Parkside branded (not sure if that is Lidl or Aldi?) tyre
inflater that someone bought me (it came with a HVLP inflator for "blow
up" things as well). The tool quality is not too bad to be fair, and the
battery is serviceable and holds a charge. The charger is a proper slide
on design with a charge light unlike some of them. The main problem
would be the recharge time (hours) is too long for a more intensive use,
and one irritation is lack of a trigger lock on the compressor, so you
need a separate clamp or cable tie when you want to leave it to run for
10 mins on a car tyre.

--
Cheers,

John.