Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Scrap car battery.

On Sat, 3 Apr 2021 22:12:43 +0100, John Smith

On 2021-04-03 13:37:23 +0000, T i m said:

Put them on your property boundary with a 'Take me' note and they will
probably be gone by the morning (saving you a trip)?

I left a car battery in our front garden the other day - about an hour
later my wife saw someone making off with it. Round our way leaving
anything out front is a sure fire way to recycle.

For both of the two that I got rid off, they sat for a month or more
outside the front door until I got round to a tip run.

I live in Hackney. There are people walking and driving by all the time
looking for stuff, like modern day rag and bone men (and they are all
men).

We have one who is very old skool and is with his Mrs who rings the
bell. ;-)

Funniest thing is an armchair we put outside, which swiftly
disappeared. Next weekend the kids and I went to Brick Lane market and
the kids spotted the armchair and started playing on it. The bloke then
tried to sell it to me for £50.

"One man's trash is another man's treasure".

Cheers, T i m