Posted to alt.home.repair
Clare Snyder Clare Snyder is offline

Default testing fuel pressure on a 3.3L 2005 Toyotal

On Sat, 03 Apr 2021 21:53:01 -0400, micky
wrote:

snip

The "factory Service Manual" is for "factory trained technicians". It
is also usefull for "trained technicians" and is not designed as a

I accept all that but I still have the question and comment below.

"DIY" manual. It assumes a pretty high level of knowlege and ability.
The Ford factory manuals are no better - the manual for my 1996 Ranger
is a bound manual"supplement" an inch and a half thick plus 2 binders
totalling another 7 inches. I also have a set of manuals on disc that
consists of SEVEN double layer DVDs!!!!!! to cover the complete line
of 1996 Fords.
Neither one will tell you how to open the hood if the cable breaks - -
- -

So even American cars have shop manuals that I would not find helpful
now?

Yup. They are pretty technical and detailed but assume a pretty high
level of knowlege.

Because it used to be for Ford, GM, and Chrysler they were
incredibly helpful.

They still are for a lot of things if you know how to read them - and
each manufacturer uses a different dialect of pig-latin

And why is there no nipple on the Toyota fuel rail? Wouldn't every
mechanic find that a good thing?

Yes most mechanics would finf it handy but the dealers have the
special factory service tools. I have a "universal" fuel pressure
tester kit that has fittings to fit just about anything EXCEPT the
shrader valve - - -

The scrader valve was too handy for the uneducated to futz with,
causing high pressure fuel discharge and even leaks I guess.