Posted to alt.home.repair
Clare Snyder Clare Snyder is offline

Default Six for the price of two?

On Sat, 03 Apr 2021 15:40:31 -0400, micky
wrote:

In alt.home.repair, on Sat, 3 Apr 2021 14:26:36 -0400, Ed Pawlowski
wrote:

On 4/3/2021 12:37 PM, micky wrote:
I know it's not the same vendor -- Wait, it is the SAME vendor -- so how
is it that on ebay there is one Denso ignition pack for a 2005 3.3L
Toyota engine for $70, and a 6-pack for $158?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-PC-OEM-DE...6/392934898333

https://www.ebay.com/itm/6-Pack-OEM-...E/233707357463

One says Toyota, the other says Lexus. Could be the same but you pay for
the single versus bulk pack?

BTW, I can't even get at the rear 3 ignition coils without taking out
the intake manifold and lots of little things.

It runs smoothly, as nice as ever afaict. Has plenty of acceleration and
power.

I erased the codes (cyls 1, 2, and random) and I'll wait to see if they
come back. (of course, they will.)

What is the price at a typucal auto parts store?

Chasing the o2 sensor problem and coil problem on the same car???
99.999% chance it is neither the coil OR the O2 sensor. You most
likely have a small vacuum leak somewhere. Take it to a real mechanic
and save yourelf a lot of aggravation AND money. Your local Toyota
dealer has likely dealt with exactly the same problem before and will
know EXACTLY where to look for the problem and how to fix it. Even a
GOOD independent will at least know how to troubleshoot it even if
he's never seen the exact issue before.