Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew[_22_] Andrew[_22_] is offline

Default Scrap car battery.

On 03/04/2021 14:08, charles wrote:
In article ,
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
I've had to replace the Rover battery. It's an 069 70 amp hour and weighs
approx 28kg.

Living where I do, I'll have to travel some distance to find a scrap yard.
So can anyone give a rough idea of what the old is worth as scrap? I've
seen about 60p a kg quoted for scrap lead, but not sure how that
translates to batteries.

they aren't scrap yards any more. they need to be licenced and conduct
their business legally. Can't give you cash anymore. Nearest on to be is
called "Guildford Metal Exchange"

But some of them are happy to take the contents of stolen catalytic
converters without asking too many questions though.