Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Double glazing, approximate cost, recommendations?

In article ,
alan_m wrote:
In article ,

If outside access is possible, why would you want to fit it from the
inside anyway?

So they don't have to work from scaffolding or ladders.

My biggest windows in the bays are fitted behind the decorative pillars
so fitting them from ten inside was the easiest option.

Hope you're not fitting UPVC double glazing there, then. ;-)

The windows at the rear of my property are fitted behind a slightly
arched upper opening.

If they ever need replacing, I'll do it from the outside. Scaffolding
isn't that expensive, and can be used for any painting necessary in
that area at the same time.

Front of terrace house £350 last time I hired scaffolding.

But think how much you'd save by DIY buying and fitting?

--
*It's o.k. to laugh during sexŒ.Œ.just don't point!

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.