Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim GM4DHJ ... Jim GM4DHJ ... is offline

Default [OT] Car phone holder

On 03/04/2021 08:26, Richard wrote:
On 02/04/2021 20:59, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 02/04/2021 20:32, JoeJoe wrote:
On 02/04/2021 19:57, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 02/04/2021 18:23, JoeJoe wrote:
My trusty holder broke to day and it is time for a new one.

Looking for one that can be fixed to the windscreen, just below the
rear mirror, as I use the phone as my SatNav.

I always use my phone in landscape mode.

Important that it will hold firm - to the windscreen and will not
bounce (too much, anyway) when the road is a little bumpy. The
phone will not rest on the dashboard as the holder will be fixed
too high for that (I like to be able to see the road below it).
Sensible price too.

Does anyone have experience (good? bad?) with these two? Can
recommend another suitable for the job?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Universal...K/163666666239

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/360-In-Ca...n/284102467299

Many thanks.

make sure you remove it before MOT time......

Thanks. Never have done. Never failed.

I have had mine emoved by tester

Advisory notice item(s):

Â*Â*Â*Â* Items removed from driver's view prior to test ()
Â*Â*Â*Â* Nearside Rear Suspension arm corroded but not seriously weakened
trailing arm (5.3.3 (b) (i))
Â*Â*Â*Â* Front Exhaust mounting defective hanger corroded and broken
(6.1.2 (a))
Â*Â*Â*Â* Tyre slightly damaged/cracking or perishing both front cracked
around shoulders 165x60x14 (5.2.3 (d) (ii))
Â*Â*Â*Â* Offside Front Play in steering rack inner joint(s) ()

Good to see they're doing the job enthusiastically. They obviously care
for your and others' safety.

OK so why over the years do advisories come and go like product on my
headlights which was never there...it's a lottery...

--
It wouldn't be the first time reality took theory and conjecture out
behind the shed and gave them a good thrashing