Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tricky Dicky[_4_] Tricky Dicky[_4_] is offline

Default Quality of Vonhaus tools?

On Saturday, 3 April 2021 at 11:37:00 UTC+1, RJH wrote:
On 2 Apr 2021 at 21:50:33 BST, "alan_m" wrote:

On 02/04/2021 14:38, Adrian Caspersz wrote:
On 02/04/2021 11:33, Mike Halmarack wrote:
I'd ideally go for Makita but that be a younger man's investment
strategy.

ye get what ye pay for ...

.... but often up to a price point. Once you get to certain price paying
more doesn't necessarily get you better quality or performance.

But maybe better ethical provenance - impact on animals and environment etc?

--
Cheers, Rob

The only Vonhaus item I have got is a roller support stand, seems well enough made for the job it has to do. It is fairly light weight folds up easily and although it will not support say an RSJ it is certainly more than adequate to support the timbers I am likely to be cutting to length.

Whilst our kitchen was out of action we bought a single plate 2000W induction hob badged as Vonchef, dont know if it is the same Chinese company but it was a life saver, very fast heating, blink and the pan was boiling.

Richard