Posted to uk.d-i-y
Robin Robin is offline

Default [OT] Car phone holder

On 03/04/2021 09:51, Roger Hayter wrote:
On 3 Apr 2021 at 07:46:50 BST, ""Jim GM4DHJ ...""
wrote:

On 02/04/2021 21:26, Fredxx wrote:
On 02/04/2021 21:04, alan_m wrote:
On 02/04/2021 20:55, JoeJoe wrote:

The thought that there was anything wrong with it, legally or
otherwise, had never crossed my mind. Really.Â* I did likewise with
rental cars all over the world for many many years. Never a problem.

Until you have an accident and the obstruction of vision is sited as
the cause.Â* Also, from what I understand a sat-nav on a phone is
classified as PHONE usage in the UK if you operate the sat-nav whilst
on the move.

When has touching a phone in a hands free mode started to be an offence?

for a while

Not if the phone is fixed to the car yet, though they plan to make hands free
calls illegal.

I know the Transport Committee called for consideration of such a ban.
But I can only recall plans to widen the ban on /hand-held/ use beyond
calls, text, tweets etc to off-line stuff (eg playing music or taking
videos). There was a consultation document on that last year.

--
Robin