Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim GM4DHJ ... Jim GM4DHJ ... is offline

Default [OT] Car phone holder

On 02/04/2021 23:19, JoeJoe wrote:
On 02/04/2021 21:57, charles wrote:
In article ,
Â*Â*Â* Fredxx wrote:
On 02/04/2021 21:04, alan_m wrote:
On 02/04/2021 20:55, JoeJoe wrote:

The thought that there was anything wrong with it, legally or
otherwise, had never crossed my mind. Really.Â* I did likewise with
rental cars all over the world for many many years. Never a problem.

Until you have an accident and the obstruction of vision is sited as
the cause.Â* Also, from what I understand a sat-nav on a phone is
classified as PHONE usage in the UK if you operate the sat-nav whilst
on the move.

When has touching a phone in a hands free mode started to be an offence?

Can you do anything other than make a phone call in hands free mode?

Saying "Hello Google" for example will allow you to do many things on an
Android phone. Follow that with "Navigate to..." or similar will start
Google Maps, etc.

indeed