Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim GM4DHJ ... Jim GM4DHJ ... is offline

Default [OT] Car phone holder

On 02/04/2021 20:55, JoeJoe wrote:
On 02/04/2021 20:47, alan_m wrote:
On 02/04/2021 18:23, JoeJoe wrote:
My trusty holder broke to day and it is time for a new one.

Looking for one that can be fixed to the windscreen, just below the
rear mirror, as I use the phone as my SatNav.

Is it legal to place a sat-nav there? It will fall into the same rules
as hanging fluffy dice or an air freshener on the rear view mirror.

The thought that there was anything wrong with it, legally or otherwise,
had never crossed my mind. Really.Â* I did likewise with rental cars all
over the world for many many years. Never a problem.

I would not have done so had I thought that it was impacting my view of
the road. Reason I did it in the first place is because I thought that
this was the least obstructive location to place a sat nav in a car.

well tuff because they do and the world gets more rediculous every day......