Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim GM4DHJ ... Jim GM4DHJ ... is offline

Default [OT] Car phone holder

On 02/04/2021 20:42, Fredxx wrote:
On 02/04/2021 20:32, JoeJoe wrote:
On 02/04/2021 19:57, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 02/04/2021 18:23, JoeJoe wrote:
My trusty holder broke to day and it is time for a new one.

Looking for one that can be fixed to the windscreen, just below the
rear mirror, as I use the phone as my SatNav.

I always use my phone in landscape mode.

Important that it will hold firm - to the windscreen and will not
bounce (too much, anyway) when the road is a little bumpy. The phone
will not rest on the dashboard as the holder will be fixed too high
for that (I like to be able to see the road below it). Sensible
price too.

Does anyone have experience (good? bad?) with these two? Can
recommend another suitable for the job?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Universal...K/163666666239

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/360-In-Ca...n/284102467299

Many thanks.

make sure you remove it before MOT time......

Thanks. Never have done. Never failed.

Likewise. I have a dashcam and a mount for my phone that would normally
be regarded as being in my vision for MOT purposes.

If it was an issue the guys at the MOT garage would simply remove them.

indeed as they did mine