Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Adrian Caspersz Adrian Caspersz is offline

Default DIY flat extension cord?

On 30/03/2021 15:43, Hem Jung wrote:
Just had to power something pretty far away from the outlet and had to
use a standard extension cord.Â* Since this goes across the floor, I'm
wondering if there's anything I can do to make this anti-trip?Â* My foot
has caught it a couple of times, so not very good if I keep it the way
it is.Â* I see flat extension cords online, but price is too high.Â* Maybe
I could make one?Â* Thanks in advance.

What Power (Watts/VA), Current (Amps) is the "something pretty?"
Exactly what distance to the wall outlet?

Does it have a wall wart adaptor? If it does, you could extend the
output of that, with a different lighter cable - though you may lose
power over an excessive length.

If you have walls that are plasterboard, fishing cables through them
isn't too much work. You might have closer power on the other side of them.

--
Adrian C