Posted to sci.electronics.repair
whit3rd whit3rd is offline

Default DIY flat extension cord?

On Tuesday, March 30, 2021 at 7:43:07 AM UTC-7, Hem Jung wrote:
Just had to power something pretty far away from the outlet and had to
use a standard extension cord. Since this goes across the floor, I'm
wondering if there's anything I can do to make this anti-trip?

There are speaker-cord solutions (very flat cable, suitable for under-rug use)
but not recommended for AC line power. Another solution in utility areas is to screw
a few hooks into the ceiling, and dangle the extension overhead.

The deluxe approach, of course, is to mount a floor receptacle, with suitable support
and foot-traffic-capable cover. Search on "Hubbell floor receptacle" for examples.