Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default OT: Fredxx was right all along.

On Thu, 1 Apr 2021 18:56:24 +0100, Fredxx wrote:

snip

I think it was The One Show that was on in the background earlier and
they were talking about people running amok in the great outdoors as
lockdown eases, litter, 'The Country Code' and dogs behaving normally.

eg, There was a 'sheep farmer' saying how upset he was when he finds
sheep that have been killed by dogs, 'We are passionate about our
sheep' he said and considering he is going to kill them anyway (or
send them to be killed etc) when they are still very young, exactly
what was he upset about?

It can't be them being killed by dogs as dogs are their natural
predators and the lambs their natural prey so that's just 'nature'
right (and we know nature can be cruel) so is it that he didn't get to
kill them himself and/or that he simply couldn't get the money from
their dead corpses ... and the entire reason he was 'farming' them in
the first place etc. It would be more understandable (from the
premature death pov) if they were the last of a wild sheep species or
he was running a rescue?

I mean, if someone is passionate about something that normally means
they are very keen, into and would generally protect the outcome
against all risks. If someone is 'passionate' about pottery, art or
woodwork, they don't typically smash the pots / painting / furniture
up at the end? Or if they are passionate about golf they don't break
the clubs or dig up the green?

So are they 'passionate' about 'lambs' or 'exploiting lambs and making
money from lamb meat', the corpses of the lambs they breed and raise?

eg, It's not the living animal they are passionate about, it's the
money their corpses can bring, just a commodity?

No, I 'get' how people who have done something that their 'father and
grandfather before them' has done, but what if their forefathers were
bear-baiters or foie gras producers, would you be proud to carry that
trade on 'these days'?

Cheers, T i m