Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default OT: Fredxx was right all along.

On Thu, 1 Apr 2021 09:14:12 +0100, Clive Arthur
wrote:

On 01/04/2021 09:04, T i m wrote:

snip

Right, time for breakfast, some foie gras on toast washed down by a
nice glass of calves milk I think. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Joking aside,

Oh, don't spoil it Clive. I wanted to watch Fredxx revel in his glory
as he was bound to have taken it literally. ;-)

I was given a jar of 'Faux Gras' from Gauthier's for
christmas and it was bloody delicious. The recipe is on the Web, it's
not complicated.

I'll have to check that out (not that we ever really ate foie gras as
we have considered the production process to be barbaric for years)
.... and why wouldn't you seek out alternatives that didn't require all
that animal torture (which it can only be considered to be)?

Whilst we are on the subject and being serious, you might like to sign
the petition Fredxx pointed out elsewhe

https://www.change.org/p/uk-parliame...t-of-fois-gras

We get various vegan vegetables Pates, 'with onion, herbs and spices'
etc and they are also 'perfectly fine', again, especially because an
animal didn't have to suffer and die to provide them. This sort of
thing:

https://groceries.asda.com/product/h...-pate/26400835

It's just this normalisation of the assumed right / acceptance that
it's 'ok' to make animals suffer and die when we don't need to that we
need more people to consider.

The problem is they see 'vegan' and think it must be 'weird' (which is
strange given 2/3rds of everone's diets are supposed to be (fruit and)
vegetables in any case?) so they don't give it a go.

Everything we eat is vegan and so that is now 'perfectly normal' for
us and further we are enjoying all the 'new' foods and flavours we may
have never tried otherwise. Maybe we are just progressive retirees.
;-)

Cheers, T i m