Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default Conventional oil hard to find?

On 03/31/2021 08:53 AM, Frank wrote:
On 3/31/2021 9:57 AM, rbowman wrote:
On 03/31/2021 06:30 AM, Wade Garrett wrote:
They've improved the safety electronics- but have done away with 6
cylinder sedans- replacing them with 4 cylinder turbo engines. And as
with any new engine/car design, their reliability has suffered the last
couple of years- so Honda is still on my no-fly list :-(

Are they using CVT's? That's the show stopper for me, not safety
electronics. I'll admit the auto-dimming headlights seem to work well.
I've triggered the collision warning a couple of times-- and I knew
exactly what I was doing each time. The backuo camera is mildly
useful. I wouldn't wnt to run over the cat.

I like the CVT on my Subaru Crosstrek. Even with AWD I am getting 30
mpg average. I'm not a speed demon that needs jackrabbit starts.

AS I understand it, it's like a '59 Buick Electra with a Dynaflow
tranny. Engine rpm has little to do with what's happening outside.

Have yet to have emergency braking and no desire to check and see if it
works. I'm always getting bells and whistles when it does not know a
break in the road lines are from a side street entry and not my mistake.
It also almost steers itself with that function.

Mine has a vestigial road line deal. It sort of shows deviations but
doesn't try to correct them. The crash avoidance just chirps but doesn't
apply the brakes. At least now if I hold the button down for a few
seconds the traction control turns off. Toyota finally figured out it's
impossible to rock a car with it engaged. You can also turn off the
stability control. Driving on dirt roads sometimes confuses it. With the
old car I've had it nearly stop me completely if I was drifting a little.