Posted to alt.home.repair
Wade Garrett Wade Garrett is offline

Default Conventional oil hard to find?

On 3/31/21 9:57 AM, rbowman wrote:
On 03/31/2021 06:30 AM, Wade Garrett wrote:
They've improved the safety electronics- but have done away with 6
cylinder sedans- replacing them with 4 cylinder turbo engines. And as
with any new engine/car design, their reliability has suffered the last
couple of years- so Honda is still on my no-fly list :-(

Are they using CVT's? That's the show stopper for me, not safety
electronics. I'll admit the auto-dimming headlights seem to work well.
I've triggered the collision warning a couple of times-- and I knew
exactly what I was doing each time. The backuo camera is mildly useful.
I wouldn't wnt to run over the cat.

The '21 Accord 1.5L turbo has a CVT; don't know about the 2.0L.

My wife's Subaru has a CVT. You sort of get used to it buzzing on
acceleration (which is surprisingly strong) but I really miss the kick-down.

--
Guns have only two enemies; rust and liberal politicians.