Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery[_3_] Ralph Mowery[_3_] is offline

Default Conventional oil hard to find?

In article , says...

I'm half in the market for a new car again and I looked at the Hondas- a
brand I've owned many of over the years and usually liked a lot.

They've improved the safety electronics- but have done away with 6
cylinder sedans- replacing them with 4 cylinder turbo engines. And as
with any new engine/car design, their reliability has suffered the last
couple of years- so Honda is still on my no-fly list :-(

A few years ago I was looking at new cars and wanted the horse power of
the V6. HOnda only had a 4 with the turbo. I just thought the turbo
was something else not needed to give trouble ,so went with the Toyota
with out even going to the Honda dealer to look at a car.

Would have looked at the Nissan, but my son had bought one a few years
back and the transmission went out at about 130,000. Found out that
that was a bad design and they had extended the warrenty to 120,000
miles. As it was just slightly over that, Nissan would not repair it
for free and cost my son about $ 4000 to get it repaired.