Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT: Covid jab reactions?

In article ,
T i m wrote:
On Wed, 31 Mar 2021 00:42:55 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
T i m wrote:
On 30 Mar 2021 18:27:43 GMT, Tim+ wrote:

T i m wrote:
One for the medical people ... As more and more people take the
jab I was wondering if there are any stats that cover what sort of
reaction they may have to one and why that might be?

By far the commonest reaction to the jabs is to bore all your
friends about it on Facebook. ;-)

Which is probably yet another reason (if such was needed) why I don't
use Facebook. ;-)

Unlike here, it's very easy to unfriend someone and never see their
posts again. Here, they tend to get quoted by others so you still see
them.

But when I did try it, it was trying to link me to everone and his
brother and that was just as bad as ignoring trolls. ;-(

FB works OK after you have set up your network of friends.

Can you turn everything like that off across every platform. eg, I
*just* want to communicate with the people I select and don't want to
hear *anything* else from *anyone* else (and especially their friends)?

I find it good to keep in touch with friends and family that I'm not often
in direct contact with. But I'm not an expert on all the alternatives. It
is more about trivia than serious issues, though. There are also groups on
it - say if you're interested in pretty well anything, you'll find a group
covering it. With far less OT stuff than you get here. ;-)

I have a medical condition I knew very little about. Joined a closed FB
group (so only vetted members can see it) which has been an excellent
source of both information and support.

--
*Yes, I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.