Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Does your car meet our standards

On Tue, 30 Mar 2021 19:02:36 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 3/30/2021 4:56 PM, Tekkie? wrote:

The last half dozen cars I have had, since the 71 Gremlin, had a fold
down back seat and you could stuff a 10' stick of PVC pipe in them and
close the hatch. The guy was looking at me funny when I did it to the
Prelude before I bought it. I hadn't planned on buying a car that day.
I was just at Home Depot but this thing was parked across the street
and I stopped by for a look.
I ended up driving it home, with my 10' stick of pipe. That was 2002.
I still have it.

The pipe?

Sure, probably hung it up in the basement, maybe near the boiler or
water line.

Basement? I have not heard of this thing.

If you mean the pipe is installed somewhere, for sure but in 2002 it
was probably going in the kitchen somewhere. That was what I was doing
at the time. That would be a 2" drain and that was why I said I might
still have a short piece in my box of PVC stuff or in my pipe rack.