Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default OT: Covid jab reactions?

On 30/03/2021 19:46, Andrew wrote:
On 30/03/2021 15:13, John Rumm wrote:
On 30/03/2021 12:32, T i m wrote:

Like, what if the Mrs and I have had Covid19 asymptomatically? If
asked by any medical personnel 'have you had covid or the symptoms'
within the last 2 weeks (or whatever) we would have replied 'no', or
'not at all' (not just the last two weeks) but could have had covid
and therefore already have the antibodies?

Yup, it's possible. The amount of asymptomatic transmission was one
the big unknowns in the early days, but now we know there is lots of it.

We both recently had routine blood tests (mine was due at the time of
the first lockdown and so didn't bother getting it done) and mine was
done prior to my jab (only the one so far) so would they 'routinely'
check for covid antibodies in that (none was mentioned other than 'all
normal' etc)?

I suspect they could do a search if required, but that is not usually
part of a standard blood test.

The is no such thing as a 'standard' blood test, just as there is

There is no "one" standard, but there are a number of very common
combinations. Typically starting with a full blood count, perhaps
lipids, and kidney and/or liver function etc. Quite often tuned to check
the long term effects of common medications, or keep tab on common
ailments etc.

no such thing as a 'standard' disease. Every set of symptoms requires
a specific type of blood test to prove /disprove what the GP is
attempting to diagnose. Antibody tests are not done routinely AFAIK
apart from when you need an operation and some blood is cross matched
in advance.

Which is what I was getting at. They can check for antibodies or viral
infections, but these are not commonly done unless looking for something
specific.

--
Cheers,

John.