Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default OT: Covid jab reactions?

On Tue, 30 Mar 2021 19:46:24 +0100, Andrew
wrote:

snip

The is no such thing as a 'standard' blood test, just as there is
no such thing as a 'standard' disease.

No, but there could be a standard range of tests they apply to 'most
people having a 'routine blood test'?

Every set of symptoms requires
a specific type of blood test to prove /disprove what the GP is
attempting to diagnose.

Sure, but what if they aren't actually trying to 'diagnose' anything,
just looking at the standard things that someone (of a certain age
maybe) might need checked?

We didn't approach our GP with any medical complaint that required a
blood test, I was booked to do one pre lockdown 'because' and once the
dust had settled re-scheduled mine and got one for the Mrs at the same
time as we had both been vegan for a year and it made sense.

Luckily it was as I hoped ... very much more efficient and socially
distanced than pre the lockdown.

No going in, taking a ticket and sitting cheek by jowl with loads of
potentially sick people for an hour and a half (or more), arrive at
the designated time, wait (2 mins) in your car for the text, walk
though, sit down, have bloods taken, get up and go out of the other
door, back to the car and home.

I did stress the vegan thing (and he sounded like he acknowledged
such) but I have no idea if they tested us any differently to 'std'
.... if there are any more stringent tests they might typically do that
would prove anything different over the std ones?

Cheers, T i m