Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Joe gwinn Joe gwinn is offline

Default OT: Plastic Igus Drylin bearings can be cut?

On Tue, 30 Mar 2021 13:46:04 -0400, Leon Fisk
wrote:

On Tue, 30 Mar 2021 16:26:12 -0000 (UTC)
John Doe wrote:

In case anybody knows...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Can those be cut to make shorter?

I would think so. It's polymer plastic or whatever, plastic.

Thanks.

Try reading the Amazon reviews. Sounds like they are brittle, sometimes
they are even broken upon receipt...

Years ago when I serviced printers... GE used what we called graphite
bearings on their dot matrix print carriages. No lube at all. Worked
well but were very brittle. If you happened to drop one on the floor it
would break

That sounds like machined graphite, with no plastic at all.

Joe Gwinn