rdkapp

Default Water Softeners, good or bad??

Water softeners are great! We love ours. We have our entire house on
softened water. They do, however, increase salt intake. It is fairly
minimal, but it may not be good for those on a low sodium diet. Check with
your doctor.

I have heard recently that potassium chloride salt is made for use in water
softeners, specifically for people on restricted sodium diets. I've never
seen potassium chloride being sold in Home Depots or Lowes, but you
apparently can get it from salt suppliers. You just have to call around. I
think it's a little more expensive than sodium chloride and I don't know if
there are any special requirements or modifications to be made on the
softener equipment to use potassium chloride.

Good luck!

"Martin Hirsch" wrote in message
Hi

I have been researching water softeners and was able to find many benefits
but no real negatives other than initial cost, installation,or

maintenance.

Any information good/bad would be helpful. Thanks.