Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default OT: Covid jab reactions?

On Tue, 30 Mar 2021 13:00:51 +0100, alan_m
wrote:

On 30/03/2021 11:44, T i m wrote:
One for the medical people ... As more and more people take the jab I
was wondering if there are any stats that cover what sort of reaction
they may have to one and why that might be?

eg. We both had the AZ jab (she's had both now) and neither of us had
any reaction at all.

My sleep pattern has changed over the past few months and I tend to
listen to the world news in the early hours of the morning.

A few things that were reported (during interviews)....

Those who have a greater reaction to the vaccine may be those who would
have had the most serious outcome if they caught the virus.

That's what I was wondering, if there was any linkage to the level of
reaction and the likelihood of catching / suffering (dying) from it.

The consequences of being obese: Age is the overriding factor and
obesity just pushes your risk up the age range. The risk with age
doubles for each 8 years of age. Someone who is 20 and is obese has the
same risk as a 30 year old. But someone who is 60 and obese may have
the same risk as someone at 66. By the time you get to 75 obesity
doesn't increase the risk by much because you are already entering the
high age risk group.

Makes sense.

Covid mortality in India is low and it hasn't been explained yet by the
medical profession. This seems contrary to the reported experience in
the UK.

It will be interesting to see what pans out in the end (if there is
'an end' etc).

Cheers, T i m