Posted to uk.d-i-y
Nick Odell[_2_] Nick Odell[_2_] is offline

Default Getting a new energy tariff - or not

On Mon, 29 Mar 2021 21:07:41 +0100, bert wrote:

In article , alan_m
writes

Of course. I'd forgotten when I change gas or electricity supplier,
they
come round and connect me to a different supply.

That only happens if you change from dirty energy to green energy.

How do they do that?
You get whatever comes off the grid. They cannot direct the electrons
from a windmill to your home, or as electrons are negative, is it the
other way round?

I believe that the promise is that they will buy and upload to the
grid as much green electricity as their customers pay for. Those green
electrons may not be coming up your actual meter into your actual
house but they are being added to the grid and displace the use of
un-green electricity.

Nick