Posted to rec.woodworking
Scott Lurndal Scott Lurndal is offline

Default looking for "less than premium" lumber.

pyotr filipivich writes:
on Sun, 28 Mar 2021 21:25:04 -0400 typed in

Um, when was the last time you saw the "finest premium lumber" in a
lumber yard or BORG? I think I remember my father talking about
carrying it out on the backs of unicorns.

Bizzzt!

Read closely: I did _not_ say they _have_ the finest in Premium
lumber.
I said they _Advertise_ having the finest in Premium Lumber. (No
doubt harvested by Elven Druids and hauled out of the woods by teams
of Unicorns lead by Leprechauns.)

I've _never_ seen them (Blue or Orange) claim such. Methinks thou
doth protest too much.

And if one can't get furniture grade lumber at a lumber yard,
where does one get it?
Amazon?
Ebay?

Personally, I get it he

https://www.jackelenterprises.com/ce...ial/hardwoods/

One's own personal wood lot, inherited from ancestors who planted
the finest trees for future use by their woodwright descendents?

Although my father (at the time, in his late 70's) built three
awesome grandfather clocks from a walnut tree that was next to the garage.