Posted to alt.home.repair
Peeler[_4_] Peeler[_4_] is offline

Default lowbrowwoman, the Endlessly Driveling Senile Gossip

On Mon, 29 Mar 2021 07:46:32 -0600, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

He had one voyage where he got some time in port in India, but in the
'70s you took what you could get, including Great Lakes runs. It hasn't
improved. In high school I was interested in the merchant marine, the
engine, rather than the deck department. Fortunately I took another path.

I believe I mentioned in another post that the northeast is heavily
dependent on LNG. The US has plenty -- in Texas. However the 1920 Jones
Act requires cargoes being transported between US ports to be carried on
US flagged vessels. afaik I know there are no US flagged LNG tankers so
the north east buys their LNG from Russia while the US tries to shove
its LNG down the German's throats.

The Jones Act is one of those things that sounded good at the time but
did nothing to preserve the US maritime industry and had unintended
consequences.

I believe I mentioned it already in another post what an endlessly driveling
and gossiping senile bigmouth you are.