FC

Default Sell House: Should I start to worry?

It is too short a time for you to be worry. It also depends on the overall local
market condition. If your house is sitting there for 3 weeks in a hot market
then maybe there is pricing correction needs to be made. On the other hand if
your house got a couple of offer on the very first day then there is an
indication that it may be priced too low. BTW, now is a bit late but not too
late, because school schedule a lot a real estate transaction happened in
Jun/July so moving can be arranged in July/August time frame and the market
where I lived usually start to taper off in late July early August.

FC

On 7/22/2003 7:32 AM, SnowSky wrote:
Hi,
This is the 8th day that our townhouse is on the market. So far, we
have 4 first showings, 1 second showing, and an open house. According
to my realtor, there are 3 parties dropped by during the 2-hour open

(snip)

My question is:
1. Is July generally slower?
2. Is it normal to have only 4 formal showings the first week on the
market?
3. Do you think I should change the carpet?

I know 8 days are denitely not long. However, only 4 showings
definitely make me worry. All of our neighbors sold their home in 2-3
weeks. I really hope I am one of them!

Well.....I think I am a little bit panic at this point. Can't imagine
somebody sell their house for couple months.... It definitely not
fun!

First time home seller.