Posted to alt.home.repair
Clare Snyder Clare Snyder is offline

Default Seat belts on school buses?

On Sun, 28 Mar 2021 22:25:36 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

I'm an adult and don't wear one for that very reason, how do you get it
off you in a wreck where it's jamming you in?

One way is when the rescue unit comes and help you get out while still
alive. I'll take that chance over the ones that get tossed out of the
car and get killed.

Like this one
https://www.wfla.com/news/florida/4-...rash-fhp-says/
A van carrying 11 people from out of state drifted off the road and
overturned. The roof of the van was ripped open during the crash and the
occupants were ejected.

There was one in CT couple of years ago the driver was ejected and
somehow got run over by his own pickup.

My uncle spent over half his life in a wheelchair after being hit by
a double cab Dodge truck in his VW beetle with no seat belts. He was
thrown out of the car and swears when he hit the road he had no more
than possibly a broken wrist - untill "that damned hitler wagon"
hunted him down and hit him, breaking his hip and his spine in 3
places.