Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
The Real Bev[_2_] The Real Bev[_2_] is offline

Default Conventional oil hard to find?

On 03/28/2021 10:17 AM, Wade Garrett wrote:

It's really hard for me to understand why this is such a long thread
that includes so many erudite discussions of motor oil chemistry and
operation.

Of course you change your filter every time you change your oil!

Here's why:
You're already underneath the vehicle.
The drain pan is in already place.

You forgot "You already broke the cheap Harbor Freight open-end wrench
on the drain plug and had to go find another one in your tool box.
While looking for the other wrench you find the 10mm socket you lost a
few months ago. While contemplating this miracle you forget you were
looking for the other wrench..."

You already have oily hands and a greasy smear on your face.
You've already skinned your right hand knuckles and yelled Damn it!
Walmart sells a standard Fram oil filter for $3.88 while Fram's "Ultra
Synthetic 20,000 Mile Change Interval" filter goes for $8.57.

I haven't run the filter/car cost ratio/percentage yet...but I paid
$44,762 for my ride...

When I bought the Corolla I decided I was never going to fix another car
thing. At some point "I'm getting too old for this ****" becomes the
driving force.

BTW, while walking I found both a regular and a deep 10mm 3/8 socket.
Different walks, different locations. This is really disturbing.

--
Cheers, Bev
the day they start making vacuum cleaners." --Ernst Jan Plugge