Posted to alt.home.repair
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default How long does it take a microwave oven to warm up?

wrote
Rod Speed wrote

You have to [watch it] in the simmer phase on the stove top to make
sure it doesnt boil over. You dont have to with the microwave.

I know exactly where to set the gas burner under a pot
of rice to keep it at a simmer without boiling over.

**** all know that so have to watch it.

No one has to watch it with a covered microwave container.

so the rest of the meal can be prepared while the rice is cooking.

The curry doesnt take 45 mins, reheating it later in spades.

Some of us actually cook a new meal every evening.

Only fools who live alone do that with curry.

Makes a lot more sense to cook a big batch, freeze it
in meal sized batches and add that to the freshly cooked
rice done in the microwave instead. Much less work.

The extra 20 minutes doesn't make much difference, and the
stovetop doesn't require you to repeatedly mess around with the rice.

No messing around at all with the microwave, just weigh out the
water and rice on the digital scales. program the two phases at
once into the microwave, add the curry to the container you
microwave it in and eat it out of the container with a splayd.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Splayd

Looks like a shovel might work better for you.

You never could bull**** your way out of a wet paper bag.

No cleanup at all required, put the container
in the dishwasher when you have eaten it.

Just as I do with everything I generate when I really cook.

Bull**** you do with a rice cooker.