Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How long does it take a microwave oven to warm up?

On Sun, 28 Mar 2021 11:05:38 -0600, rbowman
wrote:

On 03/28/2021 05:51 AM, wrote:
On Sunday, March 28, 2021 at 1:57:39 AM UTC-4, wrote:

I have one and I use it but I don't consider that cooking. It is just
heating stuff up. If all I have is a microwave, I can do stuff with it
but it is not my go to thing when I am actually cooking something.
Maybe I just take food more seriously than some folks. If you are
going to eat, it might as well be a treat. I like cooking.

I like cooking, but microwaving frozen green beans is about all they
deserve. Mind you, I'm in the "tender-crisp" camp, so there's not
much difference between nuking and cooking them on the stove.

Fully cooked green beans with bacon in them is a different thing
altogether. That requires the stovetop.

Enough bacon can even make dandelion greens edible. It's sort of like
using lutefisk as a delivery method for melted butter.

Hog Jowl is better than regular bacon if you can get it. They have it
at the store here. I cut off the rind and most of the fat, then chop
up the rest, brown it, deglaze the pan (bourbon works great) and add
whatever you are cooking.
If you want to put on a show, flambe' the bourbon.
On a gas stove you don't really have a choice. Stand back.