Posted to rec.woodworking

Default looking for "less than premium" lumber.

knuttle on Sat, 27 Mar 2021 15:45:40
-0400 typed in rec.woodworking the following:

Considering what construction lumber is going for these days, it is all
less than premium.
Today's 2x4 that goes for $8 is the same quality as last years $3 2x4.

Tain't the cost so much as I don't need pristine, organically
grown, faire trade, each tree individually selected and harvested by
druids in a sustainable manner, hand selected by virgins "perfect"
lumber. I just want "board, 2"x4"x96", one each" etc. Something
grade three or below.
I tend to go check Home Depots "mark down cart" - 70% off. Yes,
that's a major defect. OTOH, there is 7 feet of board without the
defect, and I can cut the two pieces I want out of it. "It will do."

Do you have a Restore (Habitat for Humanity) near you. Some have a lot
of lumber, at usually a good price.

I do, and I have, and I've gone broke saving money.

OTOH, they don't always have the size I'm after. Which brings me
back to my first query: what happens to the less than Premium Grade
hand selected gluten free vegan lumber? Shirley, it can't all be
getting sent to the PRC?
--
pyotr filipivich
This Week's Panel: Us & Them - Eliminating Them.