Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] russellseaton1@yahoo.com is offline

Default OT: Old School Drywaller

On Saturday, March 27, 2021 at 8:12:14 PM UTC-5, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Saturday, March 27, 2021 at 8:05:05 PM UTC-4, Michael Trew wrote:
On 3/27/2021 4:42 PM, Michael wrote:
Skills.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8fZLM5S_ds

The curved archway drywall was particularly impressive. I have one of
those drywall hatchets somewhere... I ought to learn how to use it.
That looks far more efficient than the modern method of hanging it.

Far more efficient than 4 x 8, 4 x 12 or 4 x 16 sheets? I think not.

There's an awful lot of mudding that they didn't show. Way too many seams.

There is also drywall sheets of 4.5' and 5' widths. In the usual 8, 10, 12, 16 foot lengths. They make drywalling as efficient as possible. 8', 9', 10' ceiling heights. Two sheets will cover it.