Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
mike[_30_] mike[_30_] is offline

Default Conventional oil hard to find?

On 28-03-2021 07:08 Xeno wrote:

Why do you get so anal about oil specs?

You and I are the only ones who understood that oil and oil filters don't
necessarily wear at the same rate at all times under all conditions.

Everyone else made all their decisions based on purely money & convenience.
To them any thought outside of money & convenience would be "anal" to them.

None of them even understood that the articles I listed said what they said.
Some even said the articles didn't say what the articles definitely said.

To them to UNDERSTAND what an article said is "being anal" about it.
That's because all they know is money and convenience (and they said so).

That girl even claimed factory manuals don't say what they say.
To that girl anything that a shop manual says would be anal to her.

Her mind is set forever at whatever she feels her mind should be set at.
Anything else (like understanding what the articles said) would be "anal."

I said many times it would be hard to find a bad oil and a bad oil filter
although I also noted what to look for in that oil and in that filter.

(Also I mentioned that certain oil additives could damage a catalytic
converter when people brought up the zinc additives which is clearly
something none of them had ever heard or thought about in their lives).

All they ever cared about (and they said so) was their money & convenience.
They said it many times that this was all they ever considered.

How can you NOT be considered anal with people THAT thoughtfully shallow?

To them just UNDERSTANDING something is being "anal" about it.
They couldn't even understand after many prompts what an article said.

Who is that ignorant to REPEATEDLY fail to understand those articles?
They REPEATEDLY failed to understand what the shop manuals actually say.

Why are they so ignorant?
All they cared about was their money and their convenience.

That's why.

At least they were very clear about that being the only thing that mattered.
Which is why anything more than that is to them being "anal" about it.

To understand oil & filters & service intervals was way too much for them.
To understand anything at greater than the level of money is "anal" to them.