Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Conventional oil hard to find?

On Fri, 26 Mar 2021 23:48:03 +0530, mike
wrote:

On 26-03-2021 22:04 Clare Snyder wrote:

I keep seeing references to Many manufacturers recommend oil filter
intervals different than oil. on many different websites, yet I have
not seen that recommendation in an owner's manual
The only specific recommendations I have seen referenced are on Honda
in the USA.
Toyota has always recommended oil and filter together Kia and Hyundai
do to. All if my Fords and Chryslers have too - so who are the "many
manufacturers"??

How many owners manuals do NOT specify the oil change volume both with the
oil filter also being changed and the oil change volume without the filter?

Oil filters are smaller now and they don't tend to be mounted
vertically holding a quart of oil like an old PF 1.
The oil drains down and the filters are a lot smaller.