Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
mike[_30_] mike[_30_] is offline

Default Conventional oil hard to find?

On 27-03-2021 19:33 Scott Dorsey wrote:

So, do the tests and put it up.

There is plenty of information already on filter teardowns and conventional
oil so what we need I think is only a good place to get unbiased synthetic
oil comparisons which I always start with the specs and move up from there.

Trusting you said the euro specs seem to be better this is I think a good
overall summary of the different euro specifications I'll put on my phone.
https://addinol.de/en/products/lubri...pecifications/

Don't complain that information is missing from the internet.

Luckily a lot of people have asked the question I asked as here are some
questions and answers for the synthetics sold by Costco in the USA
https://www.costco.com/motor-oil.html

https://autotroop.com/do-you-know-wh...and-motor-oil/
https://community.cartalk.com/t/test...tor-oil/162771
https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/th...obil-1.324246/
https://www.quora.com/How-does-Kirkl...are-to-Mobil-1
https://www.toyotanation.com/threads...c-oil.1677645/
https://www.reddit.com/r/Costco/comm..._think_pretty/
https://www.kia-forums.com/threads/k...l-test.345327/
https://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/...-oil/91077555/

The UK people have a different set of oils to be looking at
https://www.costco.co.uk/Tyres-Autom...ds/c/cos_8.6.4

Information
only gets on the internet because people like you and I put it there.

Most of these synthetic motor oil comparison reviews appear to be shills
https://www.bestproducts.com/cars/pa...car-motor-oil/
https://motorday.com/best-synthetic-oils/
https://popular.reviews/best-synthetic-motor-oils/
https://pickup-world.com/best-0w20-synthetic-oil/

This is perhaps the best I've found so far
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9il_piyuT8

What have you found?