Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Drill press aggravation fixed

On 3/27/2021 11:40 AM, wrote:
On Sat, 27 Mar 2021 10:31:21 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

On 3/26/2021 10:23 PM,
wrote:
On Fri, 26 Mar 2021 09:20:28 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

On 3/25/2021 8:37 PM,
wrote:
Snip

Dust collection. On the DP, that is tough but I believe, Scott Lurndal
bought an accordion like tube that fits around the quill and bit and
attaches to a vac. Sorry Scott if you were not the guy. ;~)

I've looked at things like the below but haven't found that DPs are
that messy. I would like dust collection for the DP when I drill
metal. I don't wand those shavings getting into my woodworking.

Sorry:
https://www.ptreeusa.com/dust_drill_press.html

Here we go, this is the quill mounted DC attachment. It is called the
Drillnado.

https://www.infinitytools.com/drilln...kaAis6EALw_wcB

I've seen that. It looks like it would seriously get in the way.

Have you seen/used Festool's similar widget for hand drills?

No, how much is it? LOL

$23. I think it's meant for installers hanging cabinets and such.
Fesstool's big thing is dist collection.

https://www.highlandwoodworking.com/festool-drilling-dust-nozzle.aspx

I have not seen that!!! And while we are at it, what kind of Festool
drill is he using???

I have seen a similar Festool device that is similar for holding up
crown molding on one end.