Posted to rec.woodworking

Default looking for "less than premium" lumber.

Michael Trew on Sat, 27 Mar 2021 00:23:32 -0400
typed in rec.woodworking the following:

My father has a huge "burning man" style bonfire every year... he goes
to Home Depot or wherever, and asks the manager for a discount on
damaged lumber. I'm not sure what discount they work out, but he gets
anything warped, bowed, cracked, split, or major knots at a good
discount... half off, maybe? YMMV, but it can't hurt to ask the manager
at your local lumber yard or big box/home improvement store.

HD has their cart of damaged "seconds" - 70% off. Sometimes I
have found all the boards I need for less than one "good" one.
--
pyotr filipivich
This Week's Panel: Us & Them - Eliminating Them.